Friday, December 14, 2012

Today I Will Only Speak of Those Worthy

Today, children lost their lives.

Today, children lost their innocence by bearing witness to the murder of their friends and teachers.

Today, parents will grieve the loss of their babies.

Today, husband, wives, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles and friends will mourn the loss of their family members.

Today, teachers who dedicated their lives to teaching our children were taken from us.

Today, I will speak only of those who are worthy.

Today, I will not give words to the evil who took so many lives this morning.  He does not deserve it.

Today, I will raise up those who died and the families who are left behind.

Today, I will fight the darkness by shining my light on those who are truly worthy.

Today, I will light a candle and say a prayer for the entire community of Newtown.

Today,  Let's say enough.  No more.  We will not take it.

Today, I hope you will join me in doing the same. 

Today and everyday, honour those who have been taken too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment